Friday, August 28, 2009

Smoke Days

We started school this week. Today we were all wondering if school would be cancelled because of the smoke from one of the local fires. I don't remember having so many fire issues when I was growing up in the San Fernando Valley but they are becoming a regular occurrence in Santa Clarita. So in addition to rainy days, and snow days (for kids in Acton/Agua Dulce), now we can add smoke days. The air quality was poor all day but the kids seem to do okay. Here are a few pics from the school playground and around my house.
Update: I found out that they cancelled school at noon right after I left for the day, so the kids had a half day due to the fires the first week of school. Unbelieveable!




The sun around noon.


A little better around 3 pm


No comments: